Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Guidelines
Greetings and welcome to our website! Just letting you know the Coronavirus pandemic is affecting the way we go about of our church activities, from Sunday worship to Bible studies.
From 29 March onwards, all morning services will be delivered online via www.youtube.com/cabcthornleigh. The service times will be as follows:
Offering from HSBC HSBC Bank confirmed that they will not send the description of a transfer transaction to the receiving bank, when using their Internet Banking system for the transfer. That means, your offering from an HSBC Bank account will have no description and therefore will automatically be allocated to “General Fund”. Please either use account from other Bank or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org after you deposit offerings for other funds; please include “Date of deposit”, “Amount” and “Purpose” in your email.
Mandarin Service Due to the changes in COVID-19 situation, the original plan for mandarin worship to be held at church with LIVE streaming, starting the second Sunday will now be postponed until further notice.
Please note the following regarding the re-opening of church venue for Sunday ministries from Sunday, July 12:
• The maximum number of people in a gathering will be based on the size of the meeting area, with one person every 4 square metres. The following table shows the maximum number of people per area:
Location Dimension Area (m2) Number of People allowed under the 4m2 rule
Main Hall 1
.3 x 9.9 161.37 40
Side Hall 13.5 x 8.6 116.1 29
2 x 3.9 2
Room 3 5.1 x 3 15.3 3
Room 4 5 x3.2 16 4
Room 6,7 7.5 x 6.5 48.75 12
Manse Room M1 8.1 x 4.8 38.88 9
Manse Room M2-4 7.8 x 5 + 4.8 x 2.5 51 12
Special thanks to Cantonese GA for the table
• Everyone who attends church will need to have their temperature taken and recorded. 37.8 degree Celsius will be the maximum allowed temperature.
• 9am English service: worship via live streaming of the service or attend as they choose.
• Children Sunday School will be moving back to online activities ONLY, starting 2nd Aug.
• For high school students, English Sunday School will be held at church at 11 a.m.
• The English 3pm Youth Group may use the manse to meet on Sunday afternoons
• The English 5pm service recommencement will be at a later date.
• The 11am service will be open for worship, around 35 people are allowed due to the social distancing ruling, together with those who are serving. The service will be live-streamed from church for others.
• Children Sunday school will continue to be run through Zoom.
• 9am Adult Sunday School will continue using Zoom.
• Sunday Youth Dwelling will resume back to zoom meeting on Sunday afternoons, starting 2 Aug.
• The 3pm service is resuming normal service at church from Sun. July 12th .
• The 5pm Adult Sunday School classes will be conducted both at church using room 6/7 and via Zoom at 4:30pm.
• Mandarin congregation: will continue to be online worship
• Sunday school will run on Zoom for now.
• Cell groups will decide on method of meeting.
6. Church use during restrictions If your cell group or fellowship meets at church, please continue to follow the Church gathering guidelines. Please record your attendance via https://tiny.cc/cabctattend (or use the QR code on the right). You will also be asked to check and record your temperature. Thermometers are kept in the Office. Spare masks are also available. Please enquire with the leader(s) about this.
Online communion THIS Sunday! For those who are worshipping online and wish to share in the Lord's supper, please be sure to prepare a cup and a piece of dry food in readiness for communion with Joe.
Children Ministry Starting today, Children’s Sunday School will be moving back to online activities ONLY.
Chinese and Australian Baptist Church - Thornleigh was founded in July 1989. Since 1984, Rev. Joseph Fung responded to God's guidance, and, together with Rev. Burman of Eastwood Baptist Church began to reach out to the Cantonese speaking Chinese migrant community, resulting in the establishment of CABC Thornleigh. All this time the Church has upheld its foundation – the Word of God. The ministry of our church has always centred on the Word of God – our Sunday worship, our all-age Sunday school, our cell groups and fellowship groups all built upon this foundation; but from the beginning, never forgetting the Great Commission. Right from the beginning, CABC-Thornleigh already established a mission fund, supporting local and overseas mission.
Here we see a beautiful picture, the Australian and Chinese pastors and brothers and sisters then, in responding to the gospel need of the community, joined in local mission, establishing the church, spreading the Word of God, and supporting overseas missions. Just as the Lord Jesus, before his ascension, instructed the apostles and said, “…You will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth” (Acts 1:8). We thank God for His provision throughout the years, for establishing CABC-Thornleigh this big spiritual family to proclaim Christ and witness the power of His Gospel.