Jones’ online supporters’ event An information Night will be held in Zoom on Saturday, 23rd October, 2021 from 7:30-9:00pm to pray for the Phillipines and the Jones family. If you are interested to learn about
- their hope to do in 2022 onwards,
- the aspects of the Filipino culture,
- the needs of their church,
- and spend time in prayers
Please RSVP email@example.com
The Christmas Carol Service has been postponed from 4th Dec., 2021 to 18th Dec., 2021.
Church Cleaning As the church is working towards reopening progressively by the end of October, the diaconate has employed a professional cleaning company to carry out the weekly church cleaning from this week to the end of November for 7 weeks, including the sanitisation of all touch-surfaces before the church reopens. The first cleaning is done on Fri 15th Oct. and the subsequent ones will take place on Saturday. Church reopening As CABC reopens for in-person worship and activities progressively, the following plans have been made:
- Both the English and Cantonese morning services will be live streamed from the church on 17 Oct. Only brothers and sisters who are taking part in the service are to be at church.
- In-person & online worship will start on Sun. 24th October.
- Cantonese afternoon service will start in-person & online service on Sun. 14th November.
- Mandarin service will start in-person service on the 1st week in December (livestreaming will commence sometime in November).
- English 5pm service restart is to be determined.
- Fellowship Group:
- SYD will start in-person meeting on Sun. 24th October.
- CYF & TYF will start in-person fellowship on Fri. 29th October.
- Children Sunday School will continue their lessons on Zoom for the time-being.
- Cell groups can book Manse, Room 6, 7 and the courtyard from 24th October.
While the church of God welcomes all people and is reopened to members of the public, out of love and consideration for others, the following practices are highly recommended:
- Be fully vaccinated.
- Keep the ventilation fan on and the doors and windows opened if an area is in use.
- Sign up prior to attending all church services or events via https://signup.com/go/LOOyJRu.
- Wear a mask.
- Have one's temperature taken and scan the COVID Safe Check-in QR Code.
Chinese and Australian Baptist Church - Thornleigh was founded in July 1989. Since 1984, Rev. Joseph Fung responded to God's guidance, and, together with Rev. Burman of Eastwood Baptist Church began to reach out to the Cantonese speaking Chinese migrant community, resulting in the establishment of CABC Thornleigh. All this time the Church has upheld its foundation – the Word of God. The ministry of our church has always centred on the Word of God – our Sunday worship, our all-age Sunday school, our cell groups and fellowship groups all built upon this foundation; but from the beginning, never forgetting the Great Commission. Right from the beginning, CABC-Thornleigh already established a mission fund, supporting local and overseas mission.
Here we see a beautiful picture, the Australian and Chinese pastors and brothers and sisters then, in responding to the gospel need of the community, joined in local mission, establishing the church, spreading the Word of God, and supporting overseas missions. Just as the Lord Jesus, before his ascension, instructed the apostles and said, “…You will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth” (Acts 1:8). We thank God for His provision throughout the years, for establishing CABC-Thornleigh this big spiritual family to proclaim Christ and witness the power of His Gospel.